The Treasurer's Office makes a concerted effort to obtain the lowest possible costs when procuring services, and as a result, we are able to offer government agencies access to various payment channels at a highly competitive price. In addition, our convenience fee program allows agencies to pass fees to constituents (Passing Fee Model) versus absorbing the processing costs (Absorbing Fee Model).
Point-of-Sale (POS) terminals purchased from an ePAY processor are an optional expense for participants seeking to obtain payments at various in-person locations.
Credit Card Processing Fees
Under the Passing Fee Model, constituents paying by credit card are assessed a 2.35% service fee with a $1.00 minimum per credit card transaction or a $3.95 VISA debit fee for tax payments only.
Under the Absorbing Fee Model, ePAY participants are assessed interchange + dues and assessment + 0.03% + $0.03 per credit card transaction.
E-Check Processing Fees
Under the Passing Fee Model, constituents paying by e-check are assessed a $1.00 ($1.22 with Forte Verify) flat fee.
Under the Absorbing Fee Model, ePAY participants are assessed $0.08 ($0.30 with Forte Verify) flat fee per e-check transaction. Returned checks are assessed a $2.00 fee per item.
Custodial Bank Cost Structure
- Account Maintenance Fee:
- Option 1: $10 per month with direct debit
- Option 2: $12 per month with invoice
- Credits to the Account: $0.10 per item
- Earnings Credit Rate: 0.17% APY
- Online Banking:
- First User: Included in Account Maintenance Fee
- Additional Users: $5.00 per month for each additional user
- Insufficient Funds (NSF) Fee: $30.00 per item
- A target balance of at least $1000 should be maintained to cover potential chargebacks and account debits to prevent NSF items.